Search this blog


Home About Contact
Tuesday, August 26, 2008

First Day of School II: Education Vs. Photo Ops  

I SAFELY (Did you note the emphasis on the word safely?) got the kids to school this morning. This is no small miracle, considering that I was driving in the A.M. Anyway, I arrive! And suddenly remember the kindergarten policy:

Parents can only drop off their children at the kindergarten play ground and may not go into the classroom with them.

Oh! Gads! What kind of a policy is that? Where's room for a photo op in solitary confinement? More importantly, what in the heck type of crime did I commit to earn me this sentence? I mean, seriously... He'll never sit in his own little school desk with that cute, elf-like miniature chair again for the first time in his entire school career. He'll never sit next to his little desk mate again and NOT know him--or potentially even like him, for that matter. What will I show his future wife when she asks about this moment? And last but importantly not least, he for sure will never be so choked up, filled with love for all that his mom has done for him (especially getting him safely to school that morning). I mean, can you possibly miss such a photo op?

Whatever! Just take away my child and leave me for the birds. Since when did education become more important than capturing our kid's most important moments anyway?

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



1 bits of juicy gossip: to “ First Day of School II: Education Vs. Photo Ops

  • RefreshMom
    August 27, 2008 at 1:05 AM  

    We started kindergarten today too. First child, first kindergarten for us. Fortunately, my DS's teacher (who has a 7 and 9 year old at the same school) must remember how it felt to be that Kindy parent being told to dump their child at the door. She invited all the parents to follow the kids in to help them find their backpack hooks, their seats with their nametags and then to their first story time where she read a sweet story about a racoon and "The Kissing Hand." I did manage to slip in a photo or two. (And from this day forward, DH gets to do drop off at 8am. I'll take care of pick up!)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog today. Hope to see you around again!