Search this blog


Home About Contact
Tuesday, May 5, 2009

"Tina, You Fat Lard! Come Get Your Dinner!"  

Yesterday, I rounded the corner leading up the hill into my neighborhood—my neighborhood in one of the biggest cities in Utah, not in some small rural area. And... straight ahead of me was a llama walking intently up the hill right in the middle of the road. I slowed down. Stopped. Did about three double takes. And, started laughing hysterically.

I can't confirm whether I was laughing about the llama in the road or my great memories of watching Napoleon Dynamite... especially when I watched it with my entire family at our last Johnson family vacation to Mt. Rushmore. Oh! Did I mention we watched it in Spanish with English subtitles? Great memories!

Anyway... this llama laughter moment made me realize that life is far too serious and how important it is to take advantage of every good moment, however small or short lasting they may be. Too much crap tries to work its way in and fill the nooks and crannies of our lives. And seriously, life is too short to not stop and laugh at the llamas!

I hope you all have a great day filled with small, yet funny, moments!

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



6 bits of juicy gossip: to “ "Tina, You Fat Lard! Come Get Your Dinner!"

  • Rhonda
    May 5, 2009 at 10:42 AM  

    I try my best to laugh at everything. And it's a great abdominal work out!! lol

  • Kat
    May 5, 2009 at 12:52 PM  

    When your title popped up in my reader I laughed out loud. I love that movie. Hehehe!
    Laughter really is the best medicine.

  • Cecily R
    May 5, 2009 at 5:09 PM  

    I am ALL for good llama laughter...it makes things much easier to handle all around. :) Im glad you blogged this story...it's too good not to!

  • Mary@Holy Mackerel
    May 6, 2009 at 7:10 PM  

    You can't take a moment for granted, and yet, we all too often forget this.

    Glad you remembered!!

    I have still not gotten through Napoleon Dynamite, but want to. My husband refuses to watch it with me. In fact, we went to the movies to see it, and he begged me to leave after about 10 minutes. So we left...goddammit.

  • Wayne
    May 7, 2009 at 6:14 PM  

    I tottaly agree the world can be to serious, you shoul come and take part in my tell a joke tuesday blog or read some of the jokes and stories. it has mr linky too.


    I think if I saw a llama in the middle of the road I would have no idea what to do

    great photo friday

  • Shannon
    June 13, 2009 at 6:06 PM  

    Add another laugh to your list Jyl! Thanks, I needed that.