Search this blog


Home About Contact
Friday, April 18, 2008

Do Pets Go to Heaven? What About Pet Vacuums?  


For those of you who know me, you know I am not a morning person. But, being woken to the defiant sound of my 4-year-old uttering the phrase: "I am not going to heaven when I die, mom" knocked the sleep right out of my eyes. So much better than an alarm clock. Who knew I could laugh so early? The conversation proceeded...

Me: (Trying to stifle my laugh) You're not going to heaven when you die?
Leo (son formerly known as Connor--or SFKAC): (Totally serious) Nope.
Me: (Taking him more seriously) Why?
Leo (SFKAC): Because Roomba [our robotic vacuum cleaner] can't go with me.
Me: (Laughing out loud)
Leo (SFKAC): MOM!!!
Me: I am sure Roomba can go to heaven.
Leo (SFKAC): Oh! OK! Well, when is Roomba's birthday?
Me: (Scratching my head that the heaven issue resolved itself so quickly) Ummmm... I don't know.
Leo (SFKAC): (Still serious) Well, what are we going to do? He won't be able to wear a birthday hat. He doesn't have a head like normal people. It will fall off. Does that mean he can't have a birthday party?
Me: (Back to the non-morning person) We can tape it on. (Pillow over my head--still laughing though)

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



2 bits of juicy gossip: to “ Do Pets Go to Heaven? What About Pet Vacuums?

  • Kody and Malinda
    June 15, 2008 at 1:21 AM  

    Loved the blog! I can't believe how big your kids have gotten! And we heard you were going to Daryl's party......so, sorry I guess we can't go. But can we go next year, and you guys stay home? :)Malinda

  • Becky
    July 18, 2008 at 2:54 PM  

    Very funny. My kids are afraid of our Roomba-- we've nicknamed it the 'gobble monster', if they fail to claen up their toys he turns on and sucks them up. You should see them clean when they hear it power up!! I'm so mean. I'm glad your kids love theirs.