Search this blog


Home About Contact
Monday, August 11, 2008

Adventures in Babysitting Day 9: Oh! My! Hail!  

It was the day before Ryan and Emily came home. It was the day after we arrived home long past midnight from Longwood Gardens (had to stay for the fountain show). It was 9 hours after the kids woke up precisely at 6 a.m. like they had done every day since I arrived here (regardless of the fact that they got to bed so late.) It was 3:45 p.m.--time for our daily outing.

We jumped in the car to head to McDonald's for the millionth time in 10 days. Free play land? Sign me up. The drive takes 15 minutes. Five minutes into it, I noticed I was alone in my thoughts. In fact, I noticed I could hear my thoughts. What? I have thoughts? Then, I noticed every child in the car was asleep. Stop the car and wake them up at our destination? Are you kidding me? I haven't enjoyed the sound of silence this much EVER! So, I decided to keep driving so as not to disturb their sleep or my solitude.

I learned a few things on my journey:

1. Blue skies wth white fluffy clouds can immediately turn black.
2. Sheets of rain can create white-out conditions.
3. Hail is scary and wakes up the kids (bye bye, silence).
4. Storms can stop as fast as they start.
5. I am grateful for the rain and the greener parts of the world.
6. I am grateful to have gotten to McDonald's in one piece.

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories