November is my favorite month. Why? The superficial reasons include: it is an odd-numbered month, it has a long name, and it starts with an "N," which, if you know me, is how I typically choose the sports teams I follow and the books I buy. Yep! I do judge a book by its cover! But, I also have more meaningful reasons for loving November. I love this month because it is:
- The month when fall turns to winter—my two favorite seasons.
- My grandma's birth month.
- In the middle of three of my favorite holidays—Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.
- About giving to loved ones and those less fortunate.
- A reminder to me to appreciate how much I have to be grateful for.
- A nudge to seek for ways in which to be grateful and to appreciate the small and simple things.
- About great food!
- A time for family and loved ones to enjoy traditions.
So, in a spirit of Thanksgiving, I am dedicating one post a day for each of the 30 days in November to things for which I am grateful. These things, whether as small as a drop of rain or as established as an eternal relationship, make me want to shout from the rooftops in appreciation!