Search this blog


Home About Contact
Tuesday, August 26, 2008

First Day of School I: It's NOT All About Me?  

Leo. School. Started. First day. All-day kindergarten.

Sounds like I desperately need some sort of a quick fix, huh? For those of you that know how verbose I am, choppy communicacion can only mean one thing: lost. mommy. her. mind.

Frustration set in when T-Daddy at the ripe old hour of 9:00 LAST NIGHT told me he had to work early today and couldn't drive the kids to school. The anti-morning person that I am SHRIEKED. How many people do you know that can drive while asleep? Oh! He wants me to wake up! This is where that ever-so-common realization sets in that your life is not your own. That subtle reminder that you are a mommy and it's not all about you anymore. WHAT? (Why do I keep questioning this?)

So... I get us to the school--in one piece, mind you. Then my lingering frustration turns to aggravation (almost enough to assault), because the school's parking lot is only big enough to house the teacher's cars. WHAT? I guess since they get paid pittance for their profession they should get first dibs, but where's the love for me? Isn't my youngest leaving the fold, so to speak? Why should I have to walk the 5 minutes from the nearby park (5 minutes is a lot for someone who should still be in bed)? See how I am still struggling with the it's-all-about-me thing--must be the early-hour-without-bed-sheets-still-over-me syndrome.

THE ENDING: I get him off with only a picture in front of our garage door to show his future wife and as I am driving out of the school's parking lot, I start to cry, recognizing that all of my frustration, aggravation, and whatever else emotion I am feeling stems from one scary place: my Little Leo (emphasis on the word LITTLE) is out of my hands... Oh! My! Where's my bed????

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



3 bits of juicy gossip: to “ First Day of School I: It's NOT All About Me?

  • Rachel
    August 26, 2008 at 11:38 AM  

    Awww -- I'm sorry things started out so roughly!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. No, I'm not a graphic artist but I wish I was! I am able to do a couple things. I got general layout from a free layout site, and then I just tweaked it, reworked the header, and made my button.

    Thanks for the compliment! :)

  • Jyl @ MommyGossip
    August 26, 2008 at 11:52 AM  

    I especially like how all of your sidebar titles and such match the overall design. Did that come with the free layout or did you create those yourself?

    As far as kindergarten... only rough, because I am not ready for this. I only became a SAHM a year ago and was not ready to give it up so quickly. I'm sure he is happier than a clam!

    Thanks for writing. Hope you have a great day. Can't wait to read more on your site.