Search this blog


Home About Contact
Sunday, August 24, 2008

Must Have Sugar Now!  

Boy #1 was dying for a treat from the vending machine. Must have sugar now! Dad acquiesces, hands him a crisp $1 bill, and sends him off down the hall. When #1 doesn't return, dad begins his search and rescue operation. He quickly locates his firstborn standing smack dab in front of the vending machine, holding the dollar bill out, with his head back, chin lifted, and eyes fixed on the ceiling tiles.

"What's wrong, buddy? Asbestos?" Dad questions, teasing.

"Nothing, dad. Just following the rules. It said 'face up'."

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



8 bits of juicy gossip: to “ Must Have Sugar Now!

  • Marketing Mama
    August 24, 2008 at 8:54 PM  

    Is that a totally true story? It sounds too good to be true. That's hilarious! :) (I found your blog over at Beth's Anti-Supermom blog, by the way. So glad I did!)

  • Carissa(GoodnCrazy)
    August 24, 2008 at 10:11 PM  

    Okay first! Marketing Mama is totally a 'friend' of mine...see how quickly this blogging thing takes over! Whahoo! She's so next on my list of blogs to review in fact!!!
    Note how she let you know where she found you?

    Ahem. Back to my reason for coming.

    See if my profile page shows up in the email you get from this comment? It's clickable and takes you to my profile page?

    I love the last two posts, now you'll be writing everything they do and say, for the blog and they will start to notice and go...'mom are you going to blog that?' I swear. They will.

    Plus the one about your SIL. People amaze me. Glad to hear it.

  • trampoline design
    August 25, 2008 at 6:31 AM  

    That is the cutest thing I've heard in a while!

  • Shannon
    August 25, 2008 at 1:27 PM  

    Uh, uh. That is too cute! What a good boy. He really follows directions well. I am sure he wondered how looking at the ceiling was going to manifest a candy bar but was obviously going to try it!

  • Lindsay
    August 25, 2008 at 2:30 PM  

    So glad you found me! This is perhaps the funniest thing I think I've heard. It never ceases to amaze me with how literal kids take instructions!

    Oh - and way to go on the frugalness this year! I'm so proud...

  • Kellan
    August 25, 2008 at 2:32 PM  

    Nooooooo - this is hysterical. Kids are so dang funny!

    Nice to see you - thanks for stopping by my site. Hope to see you again soon - Kellan

  • United Studies
    August 25, 2008 at 8:01 PM  

    Isn't it hilarious how children take everything literally? When our daughter was younger she wouldn't wear her fairy wings that came with her dress-up clothes because she was afraid she'd fly away.

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

  • Lindsay
    August 25, 2008 at 11:23 PM  

    Yeah, Minnesota ROCKS! You betcha.

    I just read this to my DH and we seriously busted a gut, again.

    Oh, and DH said the same thing about the FRIENDLY Minnesotans after living in KS for 8 years...he forgot how nice (we) were! I don't know why that is. Maybe it's because once we we've been cooped up all winter and literally walk like hurried little penguins wherever we go, we figure we'd better be nice in hopes of finding new friends to help "deal" with the next winter...or something.