Amazing how one day you are crazy busy, up to your eyeballs with squeals, snoggies, and stitches and the next minute, Chatter Box takes his chit and his chat and walks right out the door of your home and your heart and into school. At that moment, you realize that you are only one step away from being an empty nester at the ripe old age of 38. Oopsies! I mean 29.
I do recognize he only went off to kindergarten, but still, it is all day and he is my youngest, so it may as well be college! What’s next? Marriage and a baby carriage? Hold me back, bessy! The question now is: What am I going to do now that I am all grown up? Here’s my options:
• Get educated. I was thinking of going back to school. I could devour graphic design, actually go to class this time around, get a skill, and have fun doing it.
• Volunteer. I LOVE volunteering, but want to shift gears this year. I am thinking of something more meaningful to me, like preventing genocide in Africa or some other human rights thing. How cool would that be? Better if I could actually go to Africa, but honestly, I would love to get involved in a global effort.
• Freelance. People are calling. Maybe I should say yes and start writing for money! SCARY. Didn’t I just quit my job a year ago?
• Clean the house. Did I really just include that as an option?
• Make dinner. See previous comment.
In the meantime, I’ll enjoy the sound of silence and blog way too much. Growing up doesn’t mean making quick decisions, right?